NOTICE OF THE REGULAR BOARD MEETING
El Paso County Emergency Services District No.1
The facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking spaces are available. Requests for accomodation for
interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the District's offices
at (915) 852-3204 for further information.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT A SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OF THE EL PASO COUNTY EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT NO. 1 WILL BE HELD ON THE THURSDAY, THE 28th DAY OF JUNE 2018, AT 6:30 P.M. AT THE HORIZON CITY FIRE DEPARTMENT OFFICES, 14151 NUNDA AVE., HORIZON CITY, TEXAS, AT WHICH TIME THE FOLLOWING WILL BE DISCUSSED:
1. Call to order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Establishment of Quorum
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC: All matters listed under the Consent Agenda below will be considered by the Board of Commissioners to be routine and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Commissioner requests specific items to be removed from the Consent Agenda. If an item or items are removed from the Consent Agenda they will be placed upon the Regular Agenda for discussion and action prior to the time the Board votes on the motion to approve and adopt the Consent Agenda.
5. Review and approve minutes of May, 2018 meeting.
6. Review and approve Chief's report. (Menendez)
7. Review and approve Fire Marshal's report. (Guillen)
8. Review and approve Communications report. (Communications representative)
9. Discussion and take action to revise budget calendar. (K. Ames)
10. Discussion and take action on placing an item on the agenda to propose a higher tax rate for
2018-2019 tax year. (K. Ames)
11. Discussion and take action on County litigation. (Contreras)
12. Discussion and take action on Health and Safety Grant. (Menedez)
13. Discussion and take action on Fire Department Training. (Menedez)
14. Discussion and take action on communications equipment. (Menedez)
15. Discussion and take action on Net-Duty program. (Menendez)
16. Discussion and take action on Fire Fire Marshal's salary. (Guillen)
The Board of Commissioners will retire into Executive Session pursuant to Section 551.071-551.076 of the Texas Government Code to discuss the following: (The items listed below are matters of the sort routinely discussed in Executive Session, but the Board may move to Executive Session any of the items on this agenda, consistent with the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Section 551.071 Consultation with Attorney
Section 551.072 Deliberation regarding real property
Section 551.073 Deliberation regarding prospective gift
Section 551.074 Personnel matters
Section 551.076 Security matters
The Board of Commissioners will take action on the following after returning from Executive Session:
17. For the Good of the District
18. Set next meeting date and time for regular meeting in July.
El Paso County ESD#1
I, the undersigned authority, hereby certify that the above notice of the meeting of the Board of Commisioners of El Paso County Emergency Services District No. 1, is a correct copy of the notice the I posted and I did post this notice at least seventy-two (72) hours preceding the scheduled meeting at Horizon City Fire Department, 14151 Nunda Ave., Horizon City, Texas, 79928
DATED THIS 25th DAY OF JUNE, 2018
El Paso County ESD #1